Types Of Steganography? – Steganogrpahy is the art and science of writing hidden messages in such a way that no one other than intended recipient knows of the existence of the message. The increasing uses of electronic file formats with new technologies have made data hidding possible.
Basic steganography can be broken down into two area: data hiding and document making. Document making deals with protection against removal. It’s further classification of cover medium includes watermarking and fingerprinting.
Types Of Steganography?
the Different Type of steganography are as follows:
- Image Steganography: Images are the popular cover objects used for steganography. In image steganography, the user hides the information in image files of different formats such as PNG, JPG .BMP. etc
- Document Steganography : In the document steganography, the user adds white spaces and tabs at the end of the lines.
- Folder Steganography : Folder Steganography refers to hiding one or more files in a folder. In this process, the user moves the file physically but still keeps associated to its original folder for recovery.
- Video Steganography : Video Steganography is a technique to hide any kind of files with any extension into a carrying Video file. One can apply video steganography to different formats of files such as AVIm MPG4, WMV, etc.
- Audio Steganography : In audio steganography, the user embeds the hidden messages in digital sound format.
Types Of Steganography?
- Whitespace Steganography : In White space steganography, the user hides the messages in ASCII text by adding white spaces to the end of the lines.
- Web Steganography : In Web Steganography, a user hide web objects behind another objects and uploads them to a webserver.
- Spam/Email Steganography :One can use spam emails for secret communication by embedding the secret messages in some way and hiding the embedded data in the spam emails. This technique refers to Spam/Email Steganography.
- DVD-ROM Steganography : In the DVD-ROM steganography, the user embeds the content in audio and graphical data.
- Natural Text Steganography : Natural text steganography is converting sensitive information into a user-definable free speech such as a play.
- Hidden OS Steganography : Hidden OS steganography is th process of hiding one operation system into other.
- C++ Source Code Steganography : In The c++ source code steganography, user hides the set of tools in the files.
Types Of Steganography?
Whitespace Steganography is used to conceal messages in ASCII text by adding white spaces to the end of the lines. Because spaces and tabs are generally not visible in text viewers, the message is effectively hidden from casual observers. If the buit-i encryption is used, the message can not be read even if it is detected.
WhiteSpace Tool : SNOW
Source : Darkside
Snow is a program for cocealing messages in text files by appending tabs and spaces to the end of lines, and for extracting messages from files containing hidden messages. tabs and spcaes are invisible to most text viewers, hence the steganographic nature of this encoding scheme.
The user hides the data in the text file by appending sequences of up to seven spaces, interspered with tabs. This usually allows three bits to be stored every eight columns. there is an alternative encoding scheme, using alternating spaces and tabs to represent zeros and ones, but users rejected it because it uses fewer bytes but requires more colums per bit (4.5 vs 2.67) An appended tab character is an indication of the start of the data, which allows the insertion of mail and news headers withour corrupting the data.
Synopsis : snow [ -CQS ] [-p passwd ] [ -l line-len ] [ -f file ] [ -m message ] [ infile ] [ outfile ]
- Options :
- – C : Compress the data if concealing , or uncompress it if extracting.
- – Q : Quiet mode. if not set, the program reports statistics such as compression percentages and amount of available storage space used.
- – S : report on the approximate amount of space available for hidden message in the text file. Line length is valid, but ignore other options.
- -p password : If this is set, the data encryption occurs with this password during concealment, or decrypted during extraction.
- -l line-length : When appending whitespace, snow will always produce lines shorter than this value. By default, the line length is 80.
- -f message-file : The input text file will hide the contents of this file.
- -m message-string : The input text file will hide the contents of this string. Note that, unless a newline is somehow included in the string, it will not appear in the extracted message.
If You like this post Please comment down for more hacking content click here