Top Five Footprinting Tool? – Attackers are aided in footprinting with the help of various tools. Many organizations offer tools that make information gathering an easy task. This section describes tools intended for obtaining information from various sources.
Footprinting tools are used to collect basic information about the target systems in order to exploit them. Information collected by the footprinting tools contain target’s IP location information, routing information, business information, address, phone number and social security number, details about a source of an email and a file, DNS information, domain information and so on.
Top Five Footprinting Tool?
Footprinting Tool :- Maltego
Source:- Maltego Tools
Maltego is a program that can be used to determine the relationship and real world links between people, groups of people (social networks), companies, organizations, websites, Internet, Infrastructure, phases, document and files.
Maltego is an open-source intelligence and forensics application. It can be used during the information gathering phase of all security-related work. Maltego is platform developed to deliver a clear threat picture to the enviorment that an organization owns and operates.
Maltego demonstrates the complexity and severity of single points of failure as well as trust relationships that exist within the scope of the infrastructure. The unique perspective that maltego offers to network and resource-based entities is the aggregation of information posted all over the internet. The application can be used to determine the relationships and real world links between people, social networks, companies, organizations, websites, Internet infrastructure (domain, DNS names, Netblocks, Ip Addresses) phrases, affiliations , documents, and files.
Top Five Footprinting Tool?
Footprinting Tools:- Recon-ng
Source: Recon-ng Tools
Recon-ng is a Web Reconaissance framework with indepent modules, database interaction, built in convenience functions, interactive help, and command completions, that provides an enviorment in which open source web-based reconaissance can be conducted.
Recon-ng has a look and feel similar to the Metasploit Framework, reducing the learning curve for leveraging the framework. However, it is quite different. recon-ng avoids completing with existing frameworks, as it is designed exclusively for web-based open source reconnaissance.
It is a web Reconnaissance framework with independent modules, database interaction, built in convenience functions, interactive help, and command completion, that provides an enviorment in which open source web-based reconnaissance can be conducted.
Footprinting Tools:- FOCA
Source: FOCA Tools
FOCA ( Fingerprinting Organizations with Collected Archives) is a tool used mainely to find hidden information in the documents its scans.
FOCA is capable of scanning and analyzing a wide variety of documents, with the most common being Microsoft Office, Open Office, or PDF files.
- Web Search – Searches for hosts and domain names through URLs associated to the main domain. Each Link is analyzed to extract from it new host and domain names.
- DNS Search – Checks each domain to ascertain which are the host names configured in NS, MX, and SPF servers to discover a new host and domain names.
- IP Resolution – Resolves each host name by comparison to the DNS to obtain the IP address associated with this server name. To perform this task accurately, the tool performs analysis against the organizatin’s internal DNS.
- PTR Scannning – Finds more servers in the same segment of a determined address, IP FOCA executes a PTR logs scan.
- Bing IP – Launches FOCA which is a search process for new domain names associated with that IP address for each IP address discovered.
- Common Names – Performs dictionary attacks against the DNS.
Top Five Footprinting Tool?
Footprinting Tool Recon-Dog
Source : – Recon-Dog Tools
Recon-Dog is an all in one tool for all basic information gathering needs. it uses APIs to gather all the information so your identity is not exposed.
Recon-Dog uses APIs to collect information about the target system.
- Whois Lookup – Searches for information regarding a target domain name.
- DNS Lookup + Cloudflare Detector – Checks a target domain using DNS (Domain Name system) lookup in order to find new domain names and hosted connected.
- Zone Transfer – Searcher for the vulnerabilities in the DNS zone transfer.
- Ports Scans – Probes a target system or a server for open ports in order to exploit them.
- HTTP Header Grabber – Gathers information about a target system about the type and the version of software it is running.
- Honeypot Detector – Detects the presence of honeypot in a target’s system. A honeypot contains a data about the system that look legitimate and is monitored continously in order to detect any malicious activity which is blocked afterwards.
- Robot.txt Scanner – Scans the target system against Robot.txt file that is used to give instruction to web crawlers. Flaws in Robot.txt file can allow an attacker to gain an access to the unauthorized locations of a website.
- IP Location Finder, Traceroute, and Link Grabber.
Footprinting Tool : OSRFramework
Source: OSRFremework Tool
OSRframework is a set of libraries developed by i3visio to perform Open Source Intelligence tasks.
It is a bunch of diffirent application related to username checking, DNS lookups, information leaks research, deep web search regular expressions extraction, and many others.
OSRFramework is a GNU AGPLv3+ set of libraries developed by i3visio to perform Open Source Intelligence tasks. The libraries provide a collection of scripts that can enemeraate users, domains. and more across over 200 separate service.
They include references to a bunch of different application. related to username checking. DNS lookups. information leaks research. deep web search, regular expression extraction. and many others, At the same time, by means of ad-hoc Maltego transforms, OSRFramework provides a way of making these queries graphically as well as several interfaces to interact with like OSRFConsole or a Web interface.
Tools Included in the OSRFramework package:
- Usufy.py – Checks for a user profile in up to 290 different platforms
- mailfy.py – Check for the existence of a given mail
- Searchfy.py – Performs a query on the platforms in OSRFramework
- domainfy.py – Checks for the existence of domains
- phonefy.py – Checks for the existence of a given series of phones
- entify.py – Use regular expressions to extract entities
Additional Footprinting Tools
Some of the other additional footprinting tools that assist in gathering information about the target person or organization include:
- Prefix Whois
- LHF (Low Hanging Fruit)
- Zaba Search
- Dig Web Interface
If You Want Some Wrong In This Article Please Comment It Down For More Hacking Content Click Here