What Is Command Injection Attacks? – Command injection flaws allow attackers to pass malicious code to different systems via web applications.
The attacks include calls to an operating system over system calls, use of external programs over shell commands, and calls to the backend databases over SQL. Scripts in Perl, Python and other languages execute and insert the poorly designed web applications. If a Web Application uses any type of interpreneur, attacker insert malicious code to inflict damage.
To perform functions, web applications must use operating system feature and external programs. Although many programs invoke externally, a program frequently used is Send mail. Carefully scrub an application before passing piece of information throgh an HTTP external request.
Otherwise, attackers can insert special characters, malicious commands, and command modifiers into information. The web application then blindly passes these characters to the external system for execution.
What Is Command Injection Attacks?
Inserting SQl is a dangerous practice and rather widespread, as it is a commond injection. Command Injection attacks are easy to carry out and discover, but they are difficult to understand.
Following are some types of Command Injection Attacks:
- An attacker tries to craft and input string to gain shell access to a web server
- Shell Injection functions include system(), StartProcess(), java.lang.Runtime.exec(), System.Diagonstics.Process.Start(), and similar APIs
Command Injection Attacks
- This type of attack is used to deface websites virually. Using this attack, an attacker adds an extra HTML-Based content to the vulnerable web application.
- In HTML embedding attacks, user input to a web script is placed into the output HTML, without being checked for HTML code or scripting.
- The attacker exploits this vulnerability an injects malicious code into system files
For More Bug Bounty Click Here